Of course you enter Awards with the main aim to win, however it is not always just about the winning. Here is a quick checklist of the ways you can maximise the benefit of being shortlisted and make the most from your achievement, regardless of whether you walk away with the trophy.
- The International Travel & Tourism Award shortlist stamp that we issue to all shortlisted companies and organisations can be used on your website, on social media, in your email signature and any other communication that you plan to send out. This is a stamp of quality and industry excellence.
- WTM will announce the shortlist through a press release to more than 1,000 international media titles, including 40 media partners and via our social media channels. Your company name will also be listed on the International Travel & Tourism Award website.
- Off the back of this, you can announce the fact that you have been shortlisted. This makes a great PR angle to use either on it’s own or alongside any other news about the company that you’re sending out.
- Once the news has gone out that you are shortlisted, use it as a reason to contact clients (current, past and potential) to share your achievement with them. Maybe you could roll that news in with a special offer?
- Use this news to target new business, a good way to introduce your company to an untapped market.
- Use your social media accounts to announce the news and follow others who are also shortlisted. Remember that the awards dinner will be a great networking opportunity, so making “virtual” contact with others beforehand starts that relationship before you’ve even got your glad rags on. Don’t forget to use the official hashtag too #IntTTAwards
- Use this shortlisting to boost your team/staff morale, as let’s face it, you couldn’t have got to where you are without them. Even if it is just bringing in some cake or sweets into the office for people to share.
- Look to book your tickets for the Awards evening as soon as possible and decide on who from the team should also be invited. Some staff members may see this as a thank-you and incentive; after all, it is sure to be a great night out. Book your table here, with prices per seat starting from £350 + VAT.
- Make the most of the awards ceremony. Being shortlisted and attending gives you access to a room filled with potential clients and collaborators. You may just want to celebrate with your team, but it’s also worth chatting to others to help make some contacts.